Seasonal Inspirational Recipe – Nduja Fried Sprouts
Freshview Foods brings you an inspirational recipe for this season. Nduja Fried Sprouts.
- 600g brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 75g ’nduja, crumbled
- a squeeze lemon juice
- Remove any dirty and tough outer leaves from the sprouts, trim the bottoms slightly and then cut in half through the bases.
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and have a large bowl of iced water to hand. Blanch the sprouts for 2 minutes or until just tender when squeezed.
- Drain, then tip into the iced water.
- Chill for 15 minutes until completely cold, then drain again. This can be done the day before and then kept in the fridge until ready to use.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the sprouts.
- Fry over a high heat for 10 minutes until the sprouts are golden and crisp.
- Stir in the ’nduja and cook for 5 minutes, tossing, until the sprouts are well coated.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice to serve.